Thursday, November 24, 2011

Being Thankful

Well tomorrow is Thanksgiving in America! I love reading tweets and blogs about this special holiday! It makes me envious that we don't have it over here in Australia. Just one more thing to add to my to-do list. Spend thanksgiving over in America! Actually my dream holiday would be to spend Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas in America. 3 whole months of pure bliss! How truly amazing would that be! But for now I have to look at the gorgeous pumpkin and crimson coloured photos from all my American friends and loose myself in words like turkey and pie and simply dream. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE Australia and I love our laid back love of life but once, just once, I would love to experience these cozy and special American holidays.

I guess the reason why I am so intrigued by this holiday is because I love the meaning behind it. To give thanks. People take so much for granted and I think it is really important to take the time to give thanks for all that you have. So I am not in America, my house isn't filled with acorns and dried maple leaves, my oven doesn't smell of warm pumpkin pie but I can sit and be thankful.

I am thankful for...

Our home ~ It's 27 years old and its all ours! Its not renovated, it has yellow walls and lots of stuff. Its always messy and we can't walk into our spare rooms. But it's us. Its filled with possessions and memories that have created who we are today! I will sort it out and clean it soon but right now I'm not ready to throw it all away!

Rob falling asleep on the couch every night ~ because it gives me comfort and sense of pride that he has worked extremely hard all day and has been giving his all. He's at home...with me and that it special.

My Mum ~ through EVERYTHING she is my rock. I take everything out on her and yet she still is always there. She supports me, comforts me, pushes me, pulls me back to reality, trusts me, inspires me and loves me.

Sunsets ~ They make me happy. They are always so breathtaking and they ALWAYS make me smile. What a beautiful way to end the day...smiling.

My Sister ~ She doesn't know it yet but we are goign to be best friends one day. For now I'll sit back and support her through this journey she is going through. Even though I completely annoy her and she cant stand to be around me, I know she knows I love her and I am always here...just waiting...in the background...ready for whenever she needs me. She is a star. She will do big things in her life.

Stinky animal kisses ~ who else will love you unconditionally even after you yell at them for doing something wrong. They look at you with those big eyes and cheeky grins and scream kiss me hug me love me!!! 

My eyes ~ I am so thankful to be able to see all the beauty in this world! A lot of people don't get to witness this spectacular gift.

My friendships ~ I am so lucky for old friends and new friends. They are all a special part of my life and I am very lucky to have unique and wonderful people to share my life with.

My optimism ~ This is my special gift that I will truly treasure forever and I hope will never change. 

Skittles ~ They are so bright and colourful and make me smile and they give me that sugar hit when I need them!

Instragram ~ What a perfect way to capture my journey.

Marriage ~ I am so thankful I have found an amazing man who will always keep me on my toes and ensure our life is fun for the rest of our lives. He still gives me butterflies and makes me laugh. What a special gift. 

YOU ~ I am so thankful to you, my readers, for coming along on my journey. Supporting me and caring about me with your precious words. Your "online" friendship means so much to me! Thank You!

What are you Thankful for???

2 comments:

My Beautiful World said...

Thankful to find you my friend here in blogland. This is a beautiful post. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Always Wendy

Belinda said...

I am thankful to have you as such a lovely friend! <3