Monday, January 23, 2012

A Dress Up Party

On Saturday night we went to a party. Not just any party but a dress up party! Our friend 'Brendon' turned the big 3 0 so the party was a 'B' party. It was held at our neighbours house. They had a joint party with Brendon and had a belated 'new years' party as they were on their honeymoon for the real thing! My 'b' dress up choice was simple! A Ballerina! Why would I dress up as anything else. This is the chance to connect with your inner child and have fun with costumes. I'm a true Ballerina at heart.




 Rob, on the other hand, had ideas and plans all of his own. His idea was simple, in his mind! A BEACH BALL. Why Why Why? He had the idea from the moment we got the invitation and he did not let it go. Even though I tried to 'sway' his opinion on more than several occasions, his heart was set on that dam beach ball. So I kicked my little wife butt and told myself to be more 'supportive' of his choices and put my thinking cap on. A beach ball he wanted so a beach ball he would have. We thought and thought for weeks about all the different way we could get the beach ball on him and 'stuff' him. Again Robs thoughts were simple...wading. Um wading? I don't sew so I had no idea how much would this be and I was assuming it would be very very hot. But Rob was determined to be stuffed with wading. We bought a beach ball. We bought the stuffing and this is what we came up with!

 TA-DA...A BEACH BALL!!!

 He clearly loved his costume! 

Personally I think we did a pretty good job! He was a hit at the party and got plenty of laughs which is what he was going for! In the end I absolutely LOVED the idea! At the start I thought he was crazy and thought we would never pull it off, but we did. Well he did! ;-)

x S.K.K x

6 comments:

Hayley said...

Hahaha that is GOLD!!Love it!

Anonymous said...

Good for you two! It's always more fun when people really get into the dress up thing :)

Claire Chadwick @ Scissors Paper Rock said...

OMG.....love it!!!!
A beach ball....I would've never thought of that one....classic!
You make a gorgeous ballerina Sarah :) xx

x S.K.K x said...

heheh thank you ladies! It was a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Please explain how you made that beach ball costume!
Sincerely, a girl in need of a beach ball costume

x S.K.K x said...

Hahaha Hi Sarah! We just bought a beach ball and cut a hole for the head and 2 arms and then a massive hole at the bottom and we slid it over his head like a dress! We then stuffed the ball while on him with stuffing! We then gaffa tapped up the hole around his legs hahaha it was a bit crazy!!!