Monday, April 23, 2012

5 Years

The 23rd of April will be a day that we will never forget! 23 of April 2007 to be precise! I remember the day like it was yesterday. It was just after Easter. Rob and I had been seeing each other for a few weeks. We had reconnected after meeting 5 years earlier and had spent years of popping in and out of each other’s lives. One night at the local pub and a few weeks of ‘dating' later here we were. The 23rd of April 2007. Rob had been ‘asking me out’ from the minute we got together. He knew it, I was hesitant.  This particular day we were at his house and his brother, wife and 2 children were over. We were all playing in the backyard. Rob, myself, Ella and Tyler. The cutest and fun loving kids I had ever met. I loved seeing Rob interacting and playing with the kids. They loved him and the laughter and giggles absolutely melted my heart. That moment I knew. I wanted this. I wanted to be in Rob’s life and I wanted to share this fun and excitement. While the kids were playing stacks on with their dad, Rob was sitting on the wooden chair smiling at his brother, niece and nephew. This smile got me and I ran over to him and sat on his lap and simply said…”let’s do this” Let’s do this…they were the words that started this magical journey. The 23rd of April 2007 is where it began and I will never ever forget this day.

 ~ Our First Photo ~

Here we are today…the 23rd of April 2012. Today marks 5 since we became official. 5 years since we became Rob and Sarah. In these 5 years we have created an amazing life together. We have an amazing marriage which allows us to blossom as individuals as well as a team.  We own our home which is full of so much love, life and laughter. We have created a beautiful ‘baby farm’ which offers us comfort, loyalty and companionship. We have experienced the highs and we have experienced the lows. Most of all we have experienced this crazy beautiful life together and I couldn’t imagine going through this journey with anyone else but Rob by my side.


Happy 5 year Anniversary Rob, my love.
My life is an absolute magical adventure with you and I treasure every single day.  I am so lucky to have you in my life and I am so proud of the man you are and the life we are creating.

x S.K.K x

2 comments:

Belinda said...

Congratulations on such a big number!!
x

admin said...

aww you 2!! so sweet x