Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas was all about family this year. We drove hundreds of kilometers over 2 days to ensure we spent Christmas with our loved ones. Christmas Eve we celebrated at our house with our annual street party. All of our neighbours from up and down the street gathered in our front yard under our Christmas lights for a BBQ and catch up. I enjoy this each year. We are so truly blessed to live on an AMAZING street and we are surrounded by beautiful people. We are very lucky to have a beautiful home in a beautiful neighbourhood.


 Each year I leave the party early and go to mass with my mum. Its something that we do together and makes me sit back and truly pray and thank god for every single blessing in my life. 

Christmas morning we were up early and off to breakfast with my entire family at mum and dads. We have been doing this every Christmas morning ever since I can remember.


 Mum and  Dad cook up a MASSIVE feast for us all. My immediate family, my Aunty and Uncle, my cousins and all their children. It is one of the best mornings of the year.


Once lunch time hit and we had spent a beautiful morning with my family we set off ona little road trip to Woodburn. Woodburn is about a 3 hour drive from our house and is where we would spend Christmas night with my Dad and his partner Jenny, my Grandma, my Aunty and my cousins and their children. It was a night of fun, food and plenty of laughs.


This is the first time in many many years that I have seen this side of the family for Christmas and I was so so excited to share it all with them! A memory that I will never forget! We had a lovely Christmas lunch/dinner and then took a nice walk by the river at sunset. It could not have been any more perfect! 


We stayed the night in Woodburn and left early in the morning. We were heading back home to celebrate Christmas with Robs family and celebrate my Mother in Laws birthday, which is also on boxing day. This K Christmas was extra special as we finally got to meet our beautiful niece Isabelle. We got lots of cuddles which absolutly made my day! She is extremely precious.


 It was so nice to see Robs Brother in Law and his family as they live down south and we miss them dearly! This boys smile melts my heart! 


~ The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: 
the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other ~
- Burton Hills -

x S.K.K x

4 comments:

Maxabella said...

What a feast! Your niece is so little and sweet? Merry (belated) Christmas to you all. x

Belinda said...

Your Christmas looked lovely Sarah!
x

x S.K.K x said...

Oh it sure was! Awwww isn't she just! Merry Christmas to you as well :-)

x S.K.K x said...

Oh thank you! It absolutely was!