Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Learning


We are toilet training!!!

The time has come and we are full steam ahead with toilet training. Nappies are a thing of the past! They were cool yesterday but nope not today! The undies were out and wees on the toilet were the celebration of the day! When I started at this job Mr 2 was only 8 months old and the next child was 3 and a half and had already toilet trained so this is all new to me! Wish me luck! Never knew I could be so excited about wees! It’s a big learning curve for me this week! I’m excited about learning how to deal with toilet training. I know that each child is different but going through this experience will give me a little insight into the journey and I am excited to share this journey with the little man.

I am also going through another learning curve this week as I am dealing with grommets. Mr 5 had his Adenoids out and grommets put in last week so we are dealing with sore ears, big sneezes and ear plugs in for each bath time and swimming lessons. It was a big scary for me at first, I didn’t want to hurt him - who would have thought that a simple ear plug could cause me so much heartache. I didn’t want to push it in too far or push too hard but it needed to be secure enough to block the ear to ensure that NO water gets into the ear canal.

I am very lucky with my job as I get to share the very special early years with 3 amazing children. I get to laugh, cry, learn, play, teach, nurse, share and experience every day. The kids were 8 months, 3 and 5 when I first started. They are now 3, 6 and 8 and I have had a big rollercoaster journey with them over the past 2 and a half years. I will be here for another 2 years and I am actually looking forward to the rainbow path I am about to follow. There will be first days of school, first friendship fights, first football game, first athletics day, first dress up day, first school party! Bring it on! I love being a special part of their lives. I’m ‘their Sarah’ and I couldn’t be happier! 

Enjoy your last Winter night :)
x S.K.K x

No comments: